Archived Forums

View latest posts View active forum

adopting sibling soon after placement?

mummyTJ September 2, 2009 21:27
There have been quite a few comments recently from adopters who have heard that BM is pregnant soon after 1st child placed for adoption - I was wondering if any singlies had had this to consider and how you had decided for or against taking next child and how long after 1st adopted child you took another sibling. Obviously a big personal question, but would be very helpful for me to think through. Thanks
Edited 17/02/2021
mummyTJ September 3, 2009 07:32
Ok so no singlies have had to consider this - or they are too busy to log on having done so or I need to give people more time!! If you aren't single and can talk me through your processing I would still appreciate your advice - please!!
Edited 17/02/2021
squem September 3, 2009 12:42
hello mummytj, this is the first time i've put anything on the site, but just had to reply to you! I think it's about how you feel about having 2 children potentially quite close together.... it can be a really positive experience, but also could make life pretty hard for a single adopter. O for more wisdom and insight!Squem
Edited 17/02/2021
moo September 3, 2009 18:40
Hi I don't usually reply but you seemed in need of feedback!!!I have not been offered a sibling soon after placement....BUT...I am a single adopter & I have just had a sib group of 2 placed with me...(3 & 2 yrs)....I have been sure throughout my journey that I wanted 2 together & here they are....We are SOOO happy...early days....amazing but VERY VERY full on....do I regret it... do I S**T...I am made up & REALLY looking forward to the hard slog...BRING IT ON...Do p.m. if you need gory details...(not sure I totally fit your expected answering adopters though!!) Xxxx moo XXxxx
Edited 17/02/2021
mummyTJ September 3, 2009 18:43
oh moo thank you . To be honest every time I have read your posts I smile - your happiness oozes out in everything you write - I am so pleased for you.. Not sure how you have time to post on here but clearly you are organised!! I will pm you - I need gory details!!with love TJ
Edited 17/02/2021

Archived

This topic is archived. New posts are not allowed.