Archived Forums

View latest posts View active forum

Complaining!

twinklemum July 29, 2013 21:00
Hi There I have not posted on this site for along time but have been looking at some of the recent threads. We were approved to adopt second time around in April after our panel date being put back twice due to no specific reasons should have been approved in Feb. Through out our assessment we were told to have everything ready in place as we were expected to be matched quickly. We have changed our whole lifes to enable us to adopt again. Since being approved we have had very little contact with sw after him promising to call us and keep in contact. We feel very let down by him. He told us our LA does not have any children that would suit us at the moment and we are now searching ourselves but social workers of children are also struggling to get hold of him.He seems a very nice man and I dont want to complain but I dont have any faith in him finding us a child.We know the adoption journey isn''t easy as we have done it once before and the waiting was the hardest. We waited a year from approval to match with LO but our sw kept in contact and kept telling us she had a young baby in mind was just waiting for legal paper work. Son was in foster care at 4days old until 16mths been with us nearly 7 years and we love him to pieces so we know it will be worth it in long runsorry for waffling just needed to get it all of chest
Edited 17/02/2021
Sprocky docky July 29, 2013 22:53
I've pm'd you. Xx
Edited 17/02/2021
Donatella July 30, 2013 09:58
Well it might be frustrating but in the scheme of things April to July isn't that long. He may need to brush up on his communication skills but maybe, just maybe, things have changed and you have to adjust your expectations.When we were first approved we were told we'd be matched quickly as adopters were in very short supply. E waited 15 months. And, because, there's even more to consider second time round, we waited even longer to find the correct match for our then existing family. It can be harder second time round because its not just your needs you have to accommodate.
Edited 17/02/2021

Archived

This topic is archived. New posts are not allowed.