Archived Forums

View latest posts View active forum

Read our story

lawsey1974 November 8, 2010 11:00
Our two adopted children have two mummies and we are a very happy family. We experience all the ups and downs that any parents experience, and we wouldn''t have it any other way.I recently wrote a blog post about our positive experience and I wanted to tell you all about it. http://positiveaboutadoption.blogspot.com/This sounds odd but the post doesn''t mention that we are gay parents. I didn''t feel like it needed to. I will continue to blog and I will talk about our family, I have nothing to die, it''s just that we don''t feel any different to any other family. Perhaps just a tad more interesting!Hope you enjoy the blog, those who read it.
Edited 17/02/2021
eddybear November 9, 2010 11:12
Lovely blog - it's great to hear positive experiences regarding the adoption process.Sx
Edited 17/02/2021
appleblossom January 9, 2011 07:56
What a fabulous blog post!!!Just got myself a coffee and going back to read the rest now
Edited 17/02/2021
appleblossom January 9, 2011 07:58
Oh no - just realised that there's no more yet. Have added it to my blog reader and look forward to reading more.
Edited 17/02/2021
suze January 9, 2011 10:29
i don't normally read blogs but this one is really lovelythink i'll be looking out for it now againsuze x
Edited 17/02/2021
pluto January 9, 2011 12:10
Why do you not copy and paste and put it on the boards? It's not 10 pages, and would be a good positive story to read HERE, not via a link.
Edited 17/02/2021
wozzie May 4, 2011 15:40
Awe it was lovely to read your story and look forward to the day when out little boy points to us as his real mummies.We are 8 weeks in to placement and he is amazing and although the process has been tough (our experiences of SWs has been far from positive in most cases) - he is soooooo worth it! But already he starts the day by calling out Mumma and I am Ummy :-)My partner has a 15 year old birth daughter too from a previous lesbian relationship, so we know from experience that its usually us as parents that worry about the little ones having gay parents, more than they ever do. In fact she loves the fact she has 3 mums!
Edited 17/02/2021
lawsey1974 February 6, 2012 13:13
Thanks everyone. That was really great feedback.I have some other work to do this week but have another blog idea for the next one. The pressure of panel. I will post it up when it's written.Thanks again.x
Edited 17/02/2021

Archived

This topic is archived. New posts are not allowed.