Archived Forums

View latest posts View active forum

A&E /out of hours doc.children reported

doubletrouble December 27, 2012 19:16
Heard about this on the news. In England they are going to have a national register of I think all children''s addendence of A&E or out of hours Doctor service.On the face of it this sounds like a really good idea but would it not make very vonerable children less likely to be taken to hospital in the first place.I''d also be interested to know what safe guards there would be for adoptive or foster parents with children who have ongoing problems, who make faulse acusations or are very accident prone due to their violent tendencies or their inability to assess danger.We have been reported to CP twice and have been put through the wringer by them as they have no idea about attachment disorder or all the other things our children may have.So many of these things are a good idea but I think adoptive parents need to know what it will mean for them as I''m sure there will be a phase with CP who will look at every incident.
Edited 17/02/2021
Dusty December 27, 2012 20:42
Being cynical and having used the services a lot, I somehow doubt they are capable of making this work. We often have it where one medical person is incapable of getting a message to another, miscommunications, lack of ability to listen and correctly document. Even down to getting the name/age wrong and condition etc! Add to the mix the shortage of staffing, training issues etc. I could go on...
Edited 17/02/2021
FIM December 28, 2012 01:16
as they said these type of parents are devious and so there will be children called John, johnny, johnathan smith, smithe, smyth and with various dobs! so as with CRB checks for the caretaker who killed 2 girls some years ago, a skight admin difference wll mean these things don't get noticedbut I am worried that when adoption order hasn't gone through, it will make taking a child to A & E even more terrifying for adopting parents
Edited 17/02/2021
suze December 29, 2012 22:13
I'm afraid it seems like contactpoint by stealth to meGovernment are determined to have a national database by any meansIt won't stop the sneaky, abusive parents but will put ours at risk and waste more money.I've had to visit a and e in 3 towns so far this year as ds has injured himself when on holiday. Where does that leave us? At each one a cp form has been filled in as a matter of protocolAlso each visit is flagged up to the school nurse to follow upSuze x
Edited 17/02/2021
oatybix January 1, 2013 19:38
I was a bit nervous when I heard this- DS1 and AD have had me to the hospital countless times this year!But mainly I was a bit shocked that they don't already log it in this way??On the other hand, AD has been seriously ill in hospital, and despite me telling them she is still a LAC (no AO through yet) and giving them the SW details, they didn't record it and SS weren't notified. Which is a bit horrifying, when you think about the fact that so many kids with SW are vulnerable.So it will only work if people use it properly!
Edited 17/02/2021

Archived

This topic is archived. New posts are not allowed.