Archived Forums

View latest posts View active forum

Starting Home Study

yogima July 28, 2009 09:48

Woohoo!!Had a phone call from our allocated social worker yesterday and we start our home study in 2 weeks with plan to go to panel in in Jan/Feb next year.I can''t wait. The last 5 weeks since prep course, waiting on that phone call and letter have taught me what it must be like for my 15 year old daughter waiting on her exam results. I think I need a lesson in patience.So glad to be getting on with it now though. It really feels that this could happen for us now and we couldn''t be more delighted.

Edited 17/02/2021
flippy July 28, 2009 10:35

That's great news!!!I know what you mean about needing a lesson in patience, unfortunately for us it didn't get any easier, I kept thinking to myself, "once we're at this or that stage then everything will be easier as it will be more certain", hmmm... so much for that I think I'm less patient now than I was when we started!!! I wonder how many people describe themselves as patient on their PAR?!Sorry just realised that may sound a bit negative, not meant to be just light hearted. It's great once home study starts as you really feel that things are moving forward, because they are!All the best!

Edited 17/02/2021
wannabee July 28, 2009 15:56

Wow, that's great.5 weeks is quite quick isn't it? Hope ours comes round as fast. Finished workshops last week, and currently moving to a bigger house as we have a 15 year old as well, and are only in a 2 bed house at the mo.If the move keeps me busy for a few weeks then time will not seem to pass so slowly.Good luck, and thanks for making me feel more positive about the possible time waiting to be allocated a social worker.Wannabeex

Edited 17/02/2021
bovary July 28, 2009 19:16

Good luck and congratulations! The need for patience doesn't end here, but homestudy is a great opportunity to learn - initially I thought it was just a hoop - me persuading the SW to put me forward to panel. But it is also a chance for you to develop insight, knowledge and skills, that will get you through panel, and prepare you for what comes next! So use the time well!

Edited 17/02/2021
yogima July 30, 2009 11:49

Flippy - how right you are. Described how I feel exactly. Great that I got the letter and a date but now I just can't wait til the first visit.We have been very lucky with time lines, I'm aware that it often takes a lot longer to get to this stage for some and I take my hat off to them for their levels of patience.As for being a patient person generally, I still like to think I'm patient in many ways - with people, and children in particular but this waiting for something so important to come along is, I have to admit my downfall. I feel all the excitement a 5 year old feels in the run up to christmas and have to stop myself whining continually to Yogiman " Are we nearly there yet?" I stand and applaud his patience.Yogimax

Edited 17/02/2021

Archived

This topic is archived. New posts are not allowed.