Archived Forums

View latest posts View active forum

Intercountry/Indian adoption help....

SHEETAL November 10, 2010 12:35
Hi, just to give you some background.My husband and i adopted our beautiful twin girls from an institute in Mumbai, india 4 years ago. We adore our girls and feel that they have completed our family in ways that i can not even describe sometimes. We have enjoyed our journey and love every moment we spend with them... They are going to be 5 on saturday and are asking more about "their life story" and I am scared about them feeling hurt and confused as they come to learn more and understand more about their back ground. They have not experienced any trauma or attachment issues as yet, we did adopt them when they were 13months. Does anyone have any experience in telling their child about their life story, as there is so much information missing with indian adoptions....and how a child of 5+ may respond.Thanks...
Edited 17/02/2021
Sunflower December 19, 2010 22:33
Hi,I noticed you didn't get any reply in this message boards, do they to join the uk intercountry adoption yahoo group as there are a lot more families there experienced with issues specific to intercountry adoption. Their address is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKAO/Hope this helped.S
Edited 17/02/2021
Sunflower December 19, 2010 22:35
Sorry I mean to say : do try to join and not whatever I ended up writing.
Edited 17/02/2021

Archived

This topic is archived. New posts are not allowed.