Archived Forums

View latest posts View active forum

New to this ...... Just started the process !

Prince35 February 18, 2014 21:22
Hi My husband and I have attended an info event at the end of Jan and have now filled in the first form ...... Awaiting the response which we should receive within 5 days, we're both so anxious about this response so god knows what we will be like if we are lucky enough to get through to panel. Just started reading a good book called "becoming dads" which is great to see other people have the same nerves / reservations etc Anyone else recommend other books worth a read ?
Edited 17/02/2021
hubelly February 19, 2014 20:39
Hi Welcome! Hopefully all will go well and you will one day reach panel x A book that i got a lot out of was called "adopting the hurt child" by Gregory H Keck i believe if my memory serves me well.Our kids have been with us for nearly four years and my oh my how your life flys by when you have kids!!! If you need any advice please call in again. Regards Hubelly
Edited 17/02/2021
Donatella February 19, 2014 21:00
lots! The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog, Bruce Perry (anything by him really) What every parent should know, Margot Sunderland Real Parents, Real Children, holly van gulden Google Sally Donovan For school aged children, Louise Bomber Anything by Dan Hughes, Greg Keck There's a series of books by Caroline Archer For starters!
Edited 17/02/2021
Prince35 February 19, 2014 22:14
Thanks guy's ...... It's all a bit daunting .... I am sure it will be worth it ! Any good books you have read in particular on attachment ? Thanks
Edited 17/02/2021
hubelly February 20, 2014 08:13
"Building the bonds of attachment" Dan Hugh's Happy reading! Hubelly
Edited 17/02/2021

Archived

This topic is archived. New posts are not allowed.