Privacy and username information on the forum:
• Your login username for the Link Maker / Adoption UK community is never shown to other users.
• Family-finding on Link Maker is separate to any community features, and only your real name is used with social workers for the purpose of matching.
• Your community name (your forum username) is shown, and this can be the same or similar to your past forum username depending on whether you want to be recognised from your past posts.
• Social workers cannot see your community profile.
• Please choose a username that doesn’t identify you personally, or from activity on other websites that you would not want to be recognised from.
• You can change your username by clicking on the Adoption UK community tab at the top of the page and choosing the my profile section from the drop down menu. Then click the edit button on the following page, change your name in the Community name field and then click submit at the bottom of the page.